Monday, June 13, 2005

Law Encourages Film Making in Oklahoma

New laws passed by the Legislature this year are expected to encourage Hollywood filmmakers to film more of their productions in Oklahoma.
Governor Henry has signed three bills that offer production companies rebates, sales tax exemptions and income tax breaks if they film in the state.
Chief among the measures is one that provides funding to the Oklahoma Film Enhancement Rebate Program. It awards a 15 percent rebate to companies that film in Oklahoma. Oklahoma established the program in 2001 to compete with filmmaking in Canada.
Not everyone is happy about the incentives. Kevin Brodie, a producer in a Tulsa studio project, says caps should be lifted from the state's rebate program.

1 Comments:

At 12:20 AM, Anonymous Back Surgery Type said...

This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the good work. I have been meaning to write something like this on my website and you have given me an idea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home